About Dale Morton
Dale is a food safety professional with over 35 years of corporate food safety program development experience. He is the President of Morton Food Safety Associates, LLC and is the recipient of the 2016 Grocery Manufacturer's Association Food Safety Award.
Are you looking for Food Safety Expertise? Does your company need assistance with determining your food safety risks and how to protect your reputation? Do you have a FSMA compliant food safety plan? Are you ready to successfully manage a recall? Does your organization have the proper food safety plans and policies to govern this process? If not then we can help.
Dale retired from PepsiCo, an $80 billion company in 2015. As the Senior Director of Food Safety he successfully developed and oversaw programs designed to ensure food safety for all products produced globally by the world's second largest food company. In his 20 years with the company (initially Quaker Oats which was purchased by Pepsi in 2001), he played a lead role in crisis management, food safety systems, food defense, food safety by design and process technology.
What MFSA can do for you...
PROVIDE FOOD SAFETY AND RISK MANAGEMENT GUIDANCE, INCLUDING:
- Readiness review of incident management programs
- Escalation protocols
- Recall plan development
- Recall training for multiple disciplines within organizations (QA, Supply Chain, Legal, Public Affairs)
- Interaction with regulatory agencies
- Counsel on food safety and recalls (ingredient, manufacturing, distribution)
DEVELOP STANDARDIZED PROGRAMS FOR COMPLIANCE WITH FDA's FOOD SAFETY MODERNIZATION ACT
Develop standardized food safety programs for local, regional and global platforms for:
- Food Safety Plan development. Dale is a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual.
- HACCP and Hazard Analysis & Risk-Based Preventive Control plan development
- Recall management
- Allergen management
- Supplier quality
- Environmental monitoring programs
- Thermal processing and aseptic technology